Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When I Really Should've Called The Snake



It sounded like an urgent question. I had the feeling that it wasn't one of those situations where I could go home, feed the snake, call mom, and then think of an answer to the question. It was getting hot under my sweater-vest-robe-suit, but it made me feel like I owned a lot of important things and was allowed to drink. There was nothing in my glass. Hers had water with sugar cubes in it. She seemed oddly drunk for someone who'd only been through one glass of sugared water. It was going to be a long night.
I wanted to go home.
I wanted to call mom.

3 comments:

sonam said...

Sugary water always does things to your head. I had a lot of it as a child. It's no wonder I turned this way. :( Sad. But true.

DoubleDrats said...

Mostly sad :(

Sadhvi said...

why did i not read this before?